Sunday, October 9, 2011

31 Days of Handmade Gifts: Day 9 {Letter Bean Bags}


Welcome to Day 9! You can find the other 31 Days posts here.

The future teacher in me likes to give educational gifts to children, especially kids that are not in school yet.  My favorite gift is alphabet bean bags.  There are quite a few ways that you can make these so I will share some that I have found. 

Image Source: etsy
I like these felt bean bags with the letters as reverse appliques.  They could also be done as normal appliques sewn on top.

Image Source: The Crafty Cupboard
The bean bags above are made out of cotton fabric with the letters painted on using freezer paper stencils.  I just love the fabric she used for the beanbags for her daughter, and that she had her daughter paint the letters on.  How fun!  Lil Blue Boo has a similar tutorial with an alphabet template you can download to make your freezer paper stencils. 

Image Source: Dollar Store Crafts
The bean bags above are made out of old t-shirts, so you may not even have to buy fabric if you have enough t-shirts.  Awesome!  I also liked that on one side is the uppercase letter and the other side has the lower case letter.  Very smart!

I haven't decided which ones I will make, but probably one of the first two, or both!

Hope you all are having a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a little note! I really appreciate your comments. They encourage me in ways you probably don't know! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...