Friday, October 28, 2011

31 Days of Handmade Gifts: Day 28 {Baby Blankets}


Welcome to Day 28! You can find the other 31 Days posts here.

A great gift for a new baby is a baby blanket, especially if that baby is born during the colder months.  Gotta keep that little one warm!  Even better, there are a vast amount of ways to make baby blankets at all sewing levels.  Here are some of the more simple ones (that I plan to try for our little one!).

Knit Swaddle Blanket
Everyday Beautiful has a great tutorial to make this swaddle blanket out of knit fabric.  A must for babies that like to be swaddled!  This is a great project if you haven't sewed with knits before. 

Simple Snuggly Blanket
This blanket by Prudent Baby is one that I plan to make (I even have the fabric washed, just need to sit down and do it!) as it is so simple!  It's like the one above, just different materials (cotton print and a cuddly fabric like minky).

Knit Receiving Blanket
This blanket by Make It and Love It is great as a receiving blanket.  Since it is one piece of fabric it is quite easy!  The outer edge is ribbed knit folder over, so somewhat like bias tape, but in my opinion a little easier since it is stretchy and conforms to curves well.  If you haven't sewed with bias tape before (like me) this might be a good start since the ribbed knit doesn't have to be cut on the bias.  But I could be wrong since I have no experience in knit or bias tape! Ha! 


Soft Baby Blanket
This blanket by Momtastic is another simple blanket!  It looks like it has mitered corners (which I have no idea how to do!) but they are faked.  My kind of blanket!  You just need a cotton print and soft fabric like minky. 

Taggie Blankie
If you don't want to make a full size blanket this taggie blankie is a great option.  And it is so easy!  I will have a tutorial posted next week after the 31 Days of Handmade Gifts is over! 

What's your favorite baby blanket?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a little note! I really appreciate your comments. They encourage me in ways you probably don't know! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...