Spinach and artichoke dip is possibly one of my favorite dips/appetizers. Who wouldn't like melted cheesy yumminess?! I have found that the best spinach artichoke dips are homemade so I thought I would share my go-to recipe. Brett and I actually had this for dinner the other night as neither of us were motivated to make something else (and I forgot to thaw some meat, oops!). Enjoy!
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (by sitting out or microwave)
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Romano cheese (I didn't have this so I just added more Parmesan)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (I don't have this so I used garlic powder and a dash of salt)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (more or less depending on how you like this flavor...it doesn't add much spice because of all the dairy, but it adds a nice flavor)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup spinach (I just took about half of a frozen bag of spinach and thawed it so I'm not sure exactly how much I had, but 1/2 to 3/4 cup is good)
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained (cut into smaller pieces if you so choose)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella (I didn't have this and it was fine with out, but would be extra yum with!)
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a small baking dish.
- In a bowl mix cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, Parmesan & Romano cheeses, garlic, basil, garlic salt, chili powder, and salt & pepper.
- Gently stir in artichokes and spinach.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and slightly browned on top.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, pita chips, slices of bread, veggies, etc!
Tatertots & Jello
The Home Stories of A to Z
33 Shades of Green