Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pinterest Recipes I've Tried

Although I have a lot of recipe pins on Pinterest, I haven't made most of them (yet!).  But I thought I would share the ones I have and let you know what I thought.

Mexican Crock Pot Soup
The Pin: can of rotel, can of corn, can of black beans (drained & rinsed), 2 frozen chicken breasts, 8 oz cream cheese, 1 packet dry ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder. Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook 6-8 hours. Shred chicken, and enjoy!
My Take: Delicious!  I topped with sour cream and ate with tortilla chips.  It is pretty thick so I would recommend filling an empty can from the recipe of water (or milk) and adding that while it cooks.  Also, if you aren't big on spicy food, either omit the chili powder or use just a dash.

Crock Pot Potato Soup
My Take: It was pretty good!  I didn't have the exact amount of the ingredients so I improvised a bit and it still turned out pretty well.  I also added the bacon and green onions (chives actually) and let it cook for about 30-60 minutes before serving so the flavors mixed well.  I would definitely recommend this recipe.

Pumpkin Spice Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
I was craving something pumpkin and this seemed easy enough!
My Take:  Absolutely delicious!  But it makes too much for 2 people (it makes a 9x13 worth).  We are still eating it!  It would be perfect for Thanksgiving.

Reese Cup Bars
My all time favorite candy is Reese's, so anything peanut butter and chocolate catches my eye! 
My Take:  Very easy and delicious!  But again, made too much for Brett and I.  They also dried out quickly (we kept them in the fridge as they were best cold). I would recommend them for a gathering or to cut the recipe in half (or even half again).

Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Brett loves anything buffalo flavored so I thought these would be a big hit.
My Take:  They were pretty delicious, but way too spicy for me (thanks to pregnancy)!  I could only eat one so Brett used the leftovers on pita bread to make a pizza.  That I tolerated a little better, but only a small piece!  I think it was too spicy because we used hot sauce instead of buffalo sauce though...oops!  So don't make the mistake I did!

Corn Cakes with Tomato Avocado Relish
I love crab cakes (and Tuna Cakes) so I thought we would give these a try. 
My Take: Ehhh, these were okay.  I didn't make the tomato avocado relish though, I just put avocado on top.  The cake by itself was too bland so it needs something on top and definitely the ranch to moisten them up.  We probably won't be making these again.

What's your favorite pinterest recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a little note! I really appreciate your comments. They encourage me in ways you probably don't know! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...