Monday, January 31, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I love baking.  I always have, which has probably contributed to my major sweet tooth.  I made these cupcakes a while ago, and they were probably the best cupcakes I have tasted!  Enjoy!!


(Sorry these are not photographed well, I need to get better with that, I mean I have taken two photography classes, I shouldn't have an excuse!)

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Ingredients 
1 box red velvet cake mix
1 box (3.9 oz) chocolate instant pudding
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup  butter, softened
1 bag (16 oz.) powdered sugar (about 4 cups)
1 cup thawed cool whip

1.  Make cake mix according to package instructions for cupcakes adding the pudding in the batter.

2.  While cupcakes are baking, beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl until well blended.  Gradually add sugar.  Whisk in cool whip.  Put icing in gallon size ziploc and cut tip off of the bag (about 1/2 inch in).

3.  After cupcakes have cooled, take the handle end of a butter knife (or any other similar kitchen utensil) and make a small hole in the middle of the cupcakes.  Fill hole with icing and then ice the top of the cupcakes.  I recommend going in a circle, starting on the outside.  Very easy but looks professional!  And oh so yummy!

I'm linking up with the parties below.  Head on over for some delicious recipes!










1 comment:

  1. Yum - that frosting sounds delicious! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesdays!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a little note! I really appreciate your comments. They encourage me in ways you probably don't know! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...