Wednesday, October 26, 2011

31 Days of Handmade Gifts: Day 26 {Tote Bag}


Welcome to Day 26! You can find the other 31 Days posts here.

In my opinion, one can never have too many purses and bags.  And I think most women are this way (if they're not, it makes me feel better to think they are! haha).  A handmade purse or tote is a great gift for a female of any age.  There are a lot of purse tutorials available out there, but I'm sharing the ones that are pretty simple so that you can knock out gifts quickly. 

20 Minute Tote
The Purl Bee has a great tutorial for a 20 minute tote bag.  It might take a beginner more than 20 minutes, but not too much!  Part of the ease is that the straps are cotton webbing so you don't have to spend time making them.

Ruffle Embellished Tote
Stripes and chevron ruffles...my favorite!  This tote found over at UCreate is super simple, as the actual bag is pre-made!  I have a couple of these and have embellished one for a gift before (last Christmas, seen here).  You can find the plain bags at Wal Mart for about $6 in a pack of 3.  So a simple and affordable gift!

Lined Scallop Tote
For See Kate Sew's anniversary she is giving away a free pattern for this cute scallop tote!  She is also having a link up party with everyone's finished totes (by November 15th) which means I need to get started on mine!  Be sure to head over and get your pattern (and follow along if you don't already!).

Bamboo Handled Purse

I wanted to also include a tote that was more like a purse since all of the previous totes are pretty similarly shaped (but remember you can simply add more width to your fabric to make them wider!).  And Little Birdie Secrets delivered!  I love this purse!  For one I just love that fabric (why can't I find that kind of fabric!?) and it is a simple project-no handles to make!  I actually have some purse handles like this (for a project that never got done...sad face) so I might have to make it to clear out some of my fabric stash!

What's your favorite tote bag tutorial?  Do you have another one to add?

Hope you all are having a blessed week!  October is almost over...wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a little note! I really appreciate your comments. They encourage me in ways you probably don't know! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...