Friday, October 21, 2011

31 Days of Handmade Gifts: Day 21 {Laptop/iPad Sleeve}


Welcome to Day 21! You can find the other 31 Days posts here.

Chances are the majority of people own a laptop or another portable device that you want to keep protected.  Well a handmade case for that item is a great gift!  And the best part is that you can pick fabrics that you know that person would like and you can make it for anyone (male or female) of any age!  Here are some of the tutorials I have found in my search to make an iPad case (that I have yet to make!).

The Cottage Home

This laptop sleeve is made by The Cottage Home.  It is a great tutorial for a padded case that uses buttons (so no zipper!)  It seems to be a pretty straight forward project.  And the dimensions of the fabric depend on the size of your item so you can make it for anything that you want to protect!

Crap I've Made

Isn't that sleeve awesome!  I'm partial to the ruffles/pleats, flower and colors (so all of it!), but you definitely don't have to add the embellishments (especially if it's for a guy!).  This tutorial can be found over at Crap I've Made.  The closure on this case is a zipper and once again you are using the measurement of your item to make the case.

Sew Mama Sew
This last tutorial is from Sew Mama Sew (they also sell fabric and always have some on sale!).  Once again this one is based on the size of your item and it has a velcro closure.  The tutorial (a free pdf  download) is awesome so be sure to check it out.

I know these are all kind of similar, but I know some people probably prefer one type of closure over another.  Plus the more you see the more you can be inspired! 

On a personal note I just finished my class for this semester (literally just finished...I just turned in my final exam)!  That means that I can now focus on completing projects on my to-do list and work on nursery projects!! And of course share them with my lovely readers!  I'm very excited to start nursery projects and other stuff for our little girl.  Right now everything is just swirling around in my head and I'd like to see it in person (and finished)!

What things have you all made for your kid's rooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a little note! I really appreciate your comments. They encourage me in ways you probably don't know! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...