Monday, October 11, 2010

Easy Halloween Wreath {Tutorial}

While browsing blogs I found this tutorial for a Halloween wreath.  I thought it was a cute idea and would be easy to make.  So I gathered my materials:
  • A wire hanger shaped into a circle
  • Scissors 
  • 3 halloween fabrics, 1/4 yard each (cost $3.98)
  • Black fabric, 1/2 yard ($2.11)
  • Wired ribbon for a bow ($2.11)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Leftover green ribbon from wedding
TOTAL COST: $8.20
    1.  Cut each fabric into about 1 inch strips.  Cut that strip down to pieces about 8-12 inches long (I just folded the long strip and cut it into 4 pieces).






    2.  Start double knotting the fabric onto the hanger.  Since I had more black I put a solid black piece after each orange piece so it wasn't too crazy.  Every 12 inches or so, squeeze the ones you've completed together so you get the hanger covered and so that it looks full.  Keep going until you run out of room to tie fabric on.  I didn't have too many strips left over, maybe four of each pattern.


    3.  After I had all of the fabric knotted on I arranged the knots so that the fabric fell to the same side. Next, I wrapped the green ribbon (to make it look like a pumpkin) around the hook of the hanger  securing it with hot glue ever so often.  Then I made the bow and tied it on with jewelry wire.


    Here's the finished product on our door.



    The good think with this wreath is that you could make one for any holiday.  :)

    1 comment:

    Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a little note! I really appreciate your comments. They encourage me in ways you probably don't know! Have a blessed day!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...