Sunday, September 26, 2010

Alfredo Sauce Recipe

As my family knows, I love Alfredo sauce.  But up until tonight I have never made my own, just ate the jar kind.  So I was feeling adventurous and googled Alfredo recipes and came across this one.  Since it claims to be better than Olive Garden (yum) I figured it had to be good.  And it was!!  Brett & I both loved it (the more you put on your pasta--fettuccine--the better).  It's not the healthiest, but it tastes great and was pretty easy.  Here's the recipe with my comments in purple:

'Better than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce'
Ingredients:


  • tablespoons sweet butter
  • garlic cloves, minced (I use the Spice World Minced Garlic in the jar)
  • cups heavy cream
  • 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used more towards 2/3 cup because I didn't want to leave the container with just barely some in it) 
  • 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (All I had was a pizza blend that had mozzarella in it)
  • 1 (12 ounce) box angel hair pasta (I used fettuccine because I had some cooked already)
  • I also added some oregano in step two, about 1 tsp. 

Directions:
1.  Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat. 

2.  Add the garlic, cream and white pepper and simmer, stirring often.

3.  Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer for 8-10 minutes until sauce has thickened and is smooth.

4.  When the sauce has thickened, add the Mozzarella cheese and stir frequently until smooth.


5.  While the sauce cooks, boil noodles for 3-5 minutes.  


6.  Place pasta on plates and spoon sauce over pasta.

This sauce is definitely a great base to add other ingredients to.  It would taste great with mushrooms (fresh or canned), some tomatoes (specifically sun dried, yummy!), or anything your heart desires!!  Enjoy!


Lauren

1 comment:

  1. umm....LOVE your blog! :) And it's funny, I just made a similar alfredo sauce the other day for shrimp pasta. It was SO yummy but so much butter! eek! My recipe called for half and half so it prob wasn't as much fat, but it took forever to get thick! It actually never really did get think enough, but we ate it anyway and it was good! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a little note! I really appreciate your comments. They encourage me in ways you probably don't know! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...